Let me start by saying that I have waaaaay more than 10 favorite sites about writing. These are not necessarily my best or favorite ones, but the ones I’ve learned the most from in the last few weeks.
- http://susandennard.com/links/for-writers/ Sooz, as she likes to be called, has so many good posts on her site that talk about outlining, drafting, research, and publishing. She even has a forum where you can ask her a question – she recently answered one of mine that helped me get un-stuck on a WIP!
- http://blog.janicehardy.com/ This site has a lot of detailed posts about specific things, such as the first 250 words of your book, what to do about lack of conflict, and even self publishing.
- http://jakonrath.blogspot.ca/ For anyone interested in self publishing and/or the industry in general, this guy tells it like it is.
- http://catherineryanhoward.com/ Known as Catherine, Caffeinated. This is a great blog that explores what it’s really like to be a writer in daily life, and adventures in self printing.
- http://thisblogisaploy.blogspot.ca/ My favorite post of author Rachel Aaron’s is about raising your daily word count. She went from 2k to 10k a day!
- http://avajae.blogspot.ca/ This site is one of my alltime favorite references – she has it all! You’ve probably seen me tweeting about her posts recently.
- http://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/ All around awesomeness = K M Weiland’s site. She’s very good at explaining the finer points of writing.
- http://www.leighannkopans.blogspot.ca/ An author with an agent whose book wouldn’t sell went indie and she’s owning it!
- http://www.publishingcrawl.com/ From a variety of talented published authors, this site gives insight into the publishing industry and challenges you to do your best.
- http://www.susankayequinn.com/p/for-writers.html Everything you need to know about marketing. Not just for indie authors!
What other sites do you guys turn to when you need some inspiration? Tell me in the comments!